The French Embassy in Sweden together with the French Institute present a webinar on ”Cotutelle, An international double degree PhD”, Tuesday 1st june 2021 from 9.30 to 11.30.
The webinar aims to identify the perception of cotutelle agreements (advantages, disadvantages, attractivity…), good practices and obstacles in the French-Swedish context in order to help further promote and facilitate its implementation.
This topic has been already addressed in previous bilateral events between France and other EU countries such as Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands. Thus, this event is part of a broader approach.
Participants’ profile: heads of faculties, researchers, professors, administrative staff and doctoral students.
09:30 – Challenges and issues of a cotutelle between France and Sweden
Light will be shed on the concept, and on the positive points and obstacles that faculties, administrative staff, researchers, professors and doctoral students are faced with when setting up a double degree PhD between French and Swedish higher education institutions.
- Hans ADOLFSSON, Vice Chair of the Association of Swedish Higher Education Institutions (SUHF) and Vice-Chancellor of Umeå University
- Marjorie BERTHOMIER, Deputy Secretary General of the French-German University
- Carle BONAFOUS-MURAT, Permanent Delegate of the Conference of University Presidents in Brussels
10:30 – Cotutelle: an added value for all
The advantages of a cotutelle on the job market will be emphasized and discussed, both for a career in research and in the private sector.
- Mathieu GABORIT, Postdoctoral researcher with a double degree PhD, KTH
- Beatrice SVEDBERG, Future Competence Strategist, Research Office, Scania CV AB (tbc)
Welcome to our webinar
Cotutelle, An international double degree PhD
Tuesday 1st june, 9.30 – 11.30
For more information, please contact email@example.com.