L’Europe dans mon assiette
» Europe on the menu «
Lunch-conference cycle at Europahuset
Horizon 2020, with a € 79 billion budget, is the main financial instrument supporting European research and innovation. By providing over € 31 million to help address major societal concerns shared by all Europeans (amongst which ensuring food safety and security), the European Union clearly demonstrates its involvement in helping research find solutions to tackle the challenges we face.
The French Embassy / Institut français de Suède, along with Europahuset, aims to contribute to the debate and is launching a 5-conference cycle entitled « L’Europe dans mon assiette / Europe on the menu ». This series of lunch-conferences deals with the broad subject of food. From farmers to consumers, from field to packaging, or even from supermarkets to food banks, how does the European Union impact our daily lives?
The first conference, entitled « Food safety and food security: What is Europe doing for me? » is to be held on March 12th, 2014 .
Join us for an exciting year of debate on current issues related to food and learn more from the science sector and policy experts.
- Monday, March 12th: Food safety and food security: What is Europe doing for me? (introductory session)
- Tuesday, April 1st: Let’s wrap it: A clear information for consumers
- Wednesday, June 4th: Chemicals, antibiotics, pesticides… Bon appétit!
- Thursday, October 16th: Food waste: From farm to fork… to garbage?
- Wednesday, November 26th: Food banks: A flourishing sector?
Time: 12.00-13.00 (Registration as of 11.30)
Address: Europahuset, Regeringsgatan 65, 2nd floor, Stockholm
The seminar will be held in English.
A lunch buffet will be available for the participants.