Twice a year, the cultural department of the Institut français de Suède opens a call for projects. The call is initiated in order to support independent projects aligning with the objectives of the Institute.
This new call is focused around mobility support both for French artists towards Sweden and for the mobility for Swedish arts professionals towards France.
The maximum funding given for each project is 1000 euros.
Who is qualified to apply?
- Professionals of film, visual art, performing arts, music and literature.
- Independent curators
- Artists in the following disciplines : music, theater, dance, circus, contemporary art and film
Objectives of the call for projects:
All projects must support French artists or authors in building new audiences, creating new opportunities and/or developing a professional network in Sweden. Projects must demonstrate a financial need for the support of the Institut Français de Suède as well as knowledge of the Swedish cultural context.
Support for projects can be placed towards:
- Invitation of French artists or authors to Sweden
- Participation of French artists within festivals/performances/showcases
- Travel to France designated for professional meetings or studio visits
- Development of French projects or projects relating to France, taking place in Sweden.
All projects must take place before the 1st of December 2016.
How to apply?
Send a PDF of 2 pages maximum which contains the following information:
- Name of Contact Person
- Telephone Number
- Language(s) preferred
- If you have previously collaborated with the Institute, please describe the former collaboration, date, and IF contact person for this last collaboration.
- Your CV if you are an independent artist or cultural professional OR a short presentation of the institution you work within.
- A list of the partners and/or institutions involved in the project
- A global budget of the project, showing the contribution of involved partners and the potential contribution of Institut français de Suède.
- If you are interested in professional travel to France and the opportunity to have meetings with French artists/authors, please provide:
- A description and preliminary schedule of the proposed meetings.
- A preliminary budget including other sources of financing, if applicable.
- If you are applying for project assistance for French Artists to come to Sweden please provide the following:
- Project Description
- Time frame
- Target Audience
- Language of presentation for the project
- Performance Venue/ Space / Institutional Context
- A preliminary budget including other sources of financing, if applicable
- A list of partner institutions and/or the organization issuing an invitation.
- All applications should be sent via email to the following address : communication (at) www.institutfrancais-suede.com
- Application deadline is the 15th of January 2015 at midnight
- Any applications received after this deadline will not be considered.
- Applications can be made in French, English or Swedish
- The selection will be made by a Jury and results will be announced end of January 2016
- All projects must take place before the 1st of December 2016
- Any application not respecting the guidelines above ( budget/description/page limit) will not be considered
- Any application including images should be converted into as light a file as possible in consideration of the image quality.